DirectPlay is a very useful and feature-rich tool in Windows 10. It refers to a network communication library with respect to computer game development. However, it is used for several other purposes as well. If you are encountering DirectPlay errors on your Windows 10 device, then apply the solutions mentioned below.
- Hold the Windows and R keys altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Run section.
- Thereafter, input the ‘control panel’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should choose the Programs and Features option to invoke the Uninstaller tool.
- Then choose the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ option.
- Go to the ‘Legacy Components’ option and twice click on it to extend it then mark the box of ‘DirectPlay.’
- Finally, restart the system for enabling DirectPlay.
Tweak the Antivirus Program
The DirectPlay might be blocked by the antivirus program. You should attempt toggling the antivirus program off, only temporarily, and see if the DirectPlay issue gets solved.
Run the Game into Compatibility Mode
- Firstly, click on the button of File Explorer on the taskbar of Windows 10.
- Thereafter, invoke the folder that contains the file of the game .exe.
- Go to the file of game .exe and right-click on it then choose the Properties option over the context menu.
- Then choose the Compatibility section.
- You should mark the ‘Run this program in Compatibility mode for’ box.
- Afterwards, choose the previous Windows version through the menu of the drop-down.
- Now, click on the option of ‘Run this program as an administrator.’
Use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Navigate to the Windows Search section on your system.
- Thereafter, input ‘compatibility’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should choose the option of Run for ‘Programs made for earlier versions of Windows.’
- Then select the Advanced button and choose the button of ‘Run as administrator.’
- Later, click on the button of Next.
- You have to choose the game which is listed, choose the Next button and click on the button of Browse to choose a game to solve.
- Once you choose a game, click on the button of Next to go through the solutions of the troubleshooter.
Hopefully, the above mentioned solutions will help you fix DirectPlay errors on your Windows 10 devices.